Table of contents1 Entity Description2 Keyvalues3 Inputs4 Outputs
Brush-built model that fades out over a specified distance. Useful for creating world detail that doesn't need to be drawn far away, for performance reasons.
The overhead required by this entity is substantial. Use it only for special effects or when fading very dense geometery, and one could then argue, shouldn't that better be a model?
The fading is not always consistent; brushes may suddenly "pop" into view depending on where the player is looking. This happens because of a hardware issues with rendering translucent materials. Low-end cards will fade nearer than the distance specified, and smaller objects fade nearer than a larger object with the same fade distance.
- <target_source> The name that other entities refer to this entity by.
|Literal Value ||Description |
|0 ||Normal |
|1 ||Slow Pulse |
|2 ||Fast Pulse |
|3 ||Slow Wide Pulse |
|4 ||Fast Wide Pulse |
|5 ||Slow Fade Away |
|6 ||Fast Fade Away |
|7 ||Slow Become Solid |
|8 ||Fast Become Solid |
|9 ||Slow Strobe |
|10 ||Fast Strobe |
|11 ||Faster Strobe |
|12 ||Slow Flicker |
|13 ||Fast Flicker |
|14 ||Constant Glow |
|15 ||Distort |
|16 ||Hologram (Distort + fade) |
|17 ||Scale up |
|22 ||Spotlight FX |
|23 ||Cull By Distance (TEST) |
|24 ||Fade Wider Pulse |
- <choices> Used to set a non-standard rendering mode on this entity. See also 'FX Amount' and 'FX Color'.
|Literal Value ||Render Mode ||Description (Click for more info.) |
|0 ||Normal ||Default rendering. |
|1 ||Color ||Obsolete. |
|2 ||Texture ||Plain opacity. |
|3 ||Glow ||No Z buffer checks. Fixed size on screen. |
|4 ||Solid / Alphatest ||Obsolete. (Use alphatest capabilities in materials instead.) |
|5 ||Additive ||Obsolete. Add this entity's color to what's behind it. |
|7 ||Additive Fractional Frame ||Obsolete? Blend between animation frames. |
|8 ||Alpha Add (Not in FGD.) ||TODO: Write description. |
|9 ||World Space Glow ||No Z buffer checks. Fixed size in world (as opposed to on screen). |
|10 ||Dont Render / None ||Don't render. |
- <integer> FX Amount (0 - 255) - How opaque the entity will be rendered. (
0 is fully transparent, while
255 is fully opaque). Will not work if the rendermode keyvalue is set to Normal or Dont Render.
- <color255> FX Color - What color the entity will be rendered in (to the degree of the opacity set with renderamt).
- <float> The minimum level of ambient light that hits this brush.
- <integer> Distance at which these brushes should fade out.
- <choices> Set whether or not these brushes should collide with other entities.
|Literal Value ||Description |
|0 ||Solid |
|1 ||Nonsolid |
- Removes this entity from the world.
- Removes this entity and all its children from the world.
- Evaluates a keyvalue/output on this entity. It can be potentially very dangerous, use with care.
<output name> <targetname>:<inputname>:<parameter>:<delay>:<max times to fire (-1 == infinite)>
- Causes this entity's OnUser1-4 outputs to be fired. See User Inputs and Outputs.
- Set the rendercolor.
- Set the renderamt.
К оглавлению справочника
- Fired in response to FireUser1-4 inputs. See User Inputs and Outputs. !activator = activator
© Valve Developer Community