Table of contents1 Entity Description2 Keyvalues3 See Also
The light_environment entity is a light controller, that casts directional lighting from the skybox. This is to approximate the light cast from the Sun. The first keyvalue, Brightness, controls direct lighting. This approximates direct sunlight. The second keyvalue, Ambient, controls indirect lighting from the sky. This is the diffused light that is cast on every face that can "see" the sky.
If you don't want to come up with your own values for this entity, the values used in the official Valve games for each skybox, are given here.
Normally, only one light_environment entity is required per VMF file. A 3D Skybox requires placement of an extra light_environment. If multiple light_environment entities are placed, Vrad uses the keyvalues from the first placed light_environment to calculate the lighting.
- <b>> This entity's angular orientation in the world (also used for angular effect entities).
- <color255> This approximates direct sunlight.
- <color255> This is the diffuse light that is cast on every face that can "see" the sky.
- <color255> This approximates direct HDR sunlight. Can be left as default or be slightly less bright, since HDR is sometimes rendered brighter.
- <color255> This is the diffuse HDR light. Can be left as default or be slightly less bright.
- <angle> This value overrides the value of pitch in the keyvalue "angles".
К оглавлению справочника
© Valve Developer Community