Table of contents1 Entity Description2 Keyvalues3 Inputs4 Outputs
Creates a scripted sentence, usually spoken by an NPC.
Can be considered somewhat obsolete, as there are more advanced alternatives:
- For sentences spoken by a visible NPC, you can add lip synch and gestures to the sentence by using a logic_choreographed_scene entity pointing to a VCD file made in the Faceposer editor.
- For dialog spoken by a non-visible NPC, like over a radio or by combine forces, you can use a simple ambient_generic entity either pointing to a raw sample, a soundscript or a scripted sentence (consisting of a combination of several samples) in the sentences.txt file.
- <target_source> The name that other entities refer to this entity by.
- <string> The sentence group name, as found in sentences.txt.
- <target_name_or_class> Speaker Type
- <float> Additional Sentence Time
- <float> Radius to search within for an NPC to use. A value of "0" searches everywhere in the map.
- <float> Timed delay (in seconds) before refiring.
- <target_destination> Listener Type
- <float> A value from 0-10.
- <choices> Sound Radius
|Literal Value ||Description |
|0 ||Small Radius |
|1 ||Medium Radius |
|2 ||Large Radius |
|3 ||Play Everywhere |
- Removes this entity from the world.
- Removes this entity and all its children from the world.
- Evaluates a keyvalue/output on this entity. It can be potentially very dangerous, use with care.
<output name> <targetname>:<inputname>:<parameter>:<delay>:<max times to fire (-1 == infinite)>
- Causes this entity's OnUser1-4 outputs to be fired. See User Inputs and Outputs.
- SetParent <target_destination>
- Changes the entity's parent in the movement hierarchy.
- SetParentAttachment <string>
- Change this entity to attach to a specific attachment point on its parent. Entities must be parented before being sent this input. The parameter passed in should be the name of the attachment.
- SetParentAttachmentMaintainOffset <vector> [Episode One Update]
- Change this entity to attach to a specific attachment point on it's parent. Entities must be parented before being sent this input. The parameter passed in should be the name of the attachment. The entity will maintain it's position relative to the parent at the time it is attached.
- Removes this entity from the the movement hierarchy, leaving it free to move independently.
- Starts the scripted sentence.
- Fired in response to FireUser1-4 inputs. See User Inputs and Outputs. !activator = activator
- Fires when the sentence begins
- Fires when the sentence ends
К оглавлению справочника
© Valve Developer Community