Table of contents1 Entity Description2 Keyvalues3 Inputs4 Outputs5 See Also
A monitor that renders the view from a given point_camera entity. When a func_monitor is created, the surface in which the view from the point_camera will be displayed from must be assigned to a material that uses the special value "_rt_Camera" in its "$basetexture" property (such as the dev/dev_combinemonitor* and dev/dev_tvmonitor* textures). It is also a good idea to Justify to Fit in the Face Edit Sheet texture dialog for the combinemonitor surface so the camera view isn't cut off.
Func_monitor entities can only display one point_camera view at any one time (unless you reprogram this entity in some way).
- <target_source> The name that other entities refer to this entity by.
- <target_destination> The name of this entity's parent in the movement hierarchy. Entities with parents move with their parent.
- <origin> The position of this entity's center in the world. Rotating entities rotate around their origin.
|Literal Value ||Description |
|0 ||Normal |
|1 ||Slow Pulse |
|2 ||Fast Pulse |
|3 ||Slow Wide Pulse |
|4 ||Fast Wide Pulse |
|5 ||Slow Fade Away |
|6 ||Fast Fade Away |
|7 ||Slow Become Solid |
|8 ||Fast Become Solid |
|9 ||Slow Strobe |
|10 ||Fast Strobe |
|11 ||Faster Strobe |
|12 ||Slow Flicker |
|13 ||Fast Flicker |
|14 ||Constant Glow |
|15 ||Distort |
|16 ||Hologram (Distort + fade) |
|17 ||Scale up |
|22 ||Spotlight FX |
|23 ||Cull By Distance (TEST) |
|24 ||Fade Wider Pulse |
- <choices> Used to set a non-standard rendering mode on this entity. See also 'FX Amount' and 'FX Color'.
|Literal Value ||Render Mode ||Description (Click for more info.) |
|0 ||Normal ||Default rendering. |
|1 ||Color ||Obsolete. |
|2 ||Texture ||Plain opacity. |
|3 ||Glow ||No Z buffer checks. Fixed size on screen. |
|4 ||Solid / Alphatest ||Obsolete. (Use alphatest capabilities in materials instead.) |
|5 ||Additive ||Obsolete. Add this entity's color to what's behind it. |
|7 ||Additive Fractional Frame ||Obsolete? Blend between animation frames. |
|8 ||Alpha Add (Not in FGD.) ||TODO: Write description. |
|9 ||World Space Glow ||No Z buffer checks. Fixed size in world (as opposed to on screen). |
|10 ||Dont Render / None ||Don't render. |
- <integer> FX Amount (0 - 255) - How opaque the entity will be rendered. (
0 is fully transparent, while
255 is fully opaque). Will not work if the rendermode keyvalue is set to Normal or Dont Render.
- <color255> FX Color - What color the entity will be rendered in (to the degree of the opacity set with renderamt).
- <string> Name by which this entity is linked to another entity in a different map. When the player transitions to a new map, entities in the new map with globalnames matching entities in the previous map will have the previous map's state copied over their state.
- <boolean> Used to disable dynamic shadow casting from this entity.
- <float> The minimum level of ambient light that hits this brush.
- <choices> Used to control the solidity/collision of these brushes.
|Literal Value ||Description |
|0 ||Toggle |
|1 ||Never Solid |
|2 ||Always Solid |
- <boolean> Set this if this brush is in heirarchy with a moving object of some kind, and the player can stand on this brush.
- <target_destination> If an NPC classname (i.e. npc_zombie) is specified here, NPCs of that type won't collide with these brushes.
- <target_destination> The point_camera in which the viewpoint is rendered from.
- Removes this entity from the world.
- Removes this entity and all its children from the world.
- Evaluates a keyvalue/output on this entity. It can be potentially very dangerous, use with care.
<output name> <targetname>:<inputname>:<parameter>:<delay>:<max times to fire (-1 == infinite)>
- Causes this entity's OnUser1-4 outputs to be fired. See User Inputs and Outputs.
- Set the rendercolor.
- Set the renderamt.
- SetParent <target_destination>
- Changes the entity's parent in the movement hierarchy.
- SetParentAttachment <string>
- Change this entity to attach to a specific attachment point on its parent. Entities must be parented before being sent this input. The parameter passed in should be the name of the attachment.
- SetParentAttachmentMaintainOffset <vector> [Episode One Update]
- Change this entity to attach to a specific attachment point on it's parent. Entities must be parented before being sent this input. The parameter passed in should be the name of the attachment. The entity will maintain it's position relative to the parent at the time it is attached.
- Removes this entity from the the movement hierarchy, leaving it free to move independently.
- Enable this entity.
- Disable this entity.
- Turn shadow off.
- Turn shadow on.
- Toggle on/off.
- SetCamera <target_destination>
- Sets the camera to use for this monitor. Takes the name of a point_camera entity in the map.
- Fired in response to FireUser1-4 inputs. See User Inputs and Outputs. !activator = activator
К оглавлению справочника
© Valve Developer Community