Table of contents1 Entity Description2 Keyvalues3 Inputs4 Outputs5 See Also
An entity to control sound in an area. Soundscapes can play a collection of sounds complete with timing and random selections, soundscapes can also apply effects like an echo to their sounds and any others played while they are active. The actual effects and sounds need to be defined outside of Hammer
but this entity is required to implement them. The active soundscape at any time is the last one that had line-of-sight to the player, and was within the radius.
- <target_source> The name that other entities refer to this entity by.
- <target_destination> The name of this entity's parent in the movement hierarchy. Entities with parents move with their parent.
- <integer> Radius - If set to
-1, then the player can hear the soundscape as long as he can see it (regardless of distance to it).
- <string> Soundscape - The name of the soundscape to use. Corresponds to an entry in the soundscapes_*.txt file in the hl2/scripts directory (normally packed into the source engine.gcf file).
|Literal Value ||Description |
|Nothing ||Nothing |
|Automatic ||Automatic |
|Automatic_Dialog ||Automatic (dialog) |
|GenericIndoor ||Indoor |
|GenericOutdoor ||Outdoor |
- <target_destination> Sound Position 0-7 - Sound positions that will be referenced inside the soundscape text file. Usually used to position a set of sounds within the world.
- Removes this entity from the world.
- Removes this entity and all its children from the world.
- Evaluates a keyvalue/output on this entity. It can be potentially very dangerous, use with care.
<output name> <targetname>:<inputname>:<parameter>:<delay>:<max times to fire (-1 == infinite)>
- Causes this entity's OnUser1-4 outputs to be fired. See User Inputs and Outputs.
- SetParent <target_destination>
- Changes the entity's parent in the movement hierarchy.
- SetParentAttachment <string>
- Change this entity to attach to a specific attachment point on its parent. Entities must be parented before being sent this input. The parameter passed in should be the name of the attachment.
- SetParentAttachmentMaintainOffset <vector> [Episode One Update]
- Change this entity to attach to a specific attachment point on it's parent. Entities must be parented before being sent this input. The parameter passed in should be the name of the attachment. The entity will maintain it's position relative to the parent at the time it is attached.
- Removes this entity from the the movement hierarchy, leaving it free to move independently.
- Enable this entity.
- Disable this entity.
- TODO: Write description. (It's not a typo - both Disable and Disabled exists.)
- Toggle the soundscape enabled state.
- Fired in response to FireUser1-4 inputs. See User Inputs and Outputs. !activator = activator
- Fired when this soundscape becomes the active one.
К оглавлению справочника
© Valve Developer Community